Throwback Thursday...My Way

We’ve all seen the “Throwback Thursday” trend, yes?  Who am I to fight it?  However, I’m going to do a two-part Throwback Thursday.  The first part will actually include old photos of me for your viewing pleasure.  I was looking through family albums and can guarantee lots of humiliation on my part, entertainment on yours! 

The second part will include pictures that I’ve taken in the past couple of years that have been sitting on my computer with no real purpose.  This will be the perfect venue to share those.

Let’s get started, shall we?  So I have realized in looking through pictures of my life that many of my habits and interests started very early.  All of these are up to a year old.  For example:


Music.  I remember spending summers trying to teach myself piano and, eventually, went on to join band as a flute player.  Even when I stopped playing in college, I continued to surround myself with music.  I kind of became the unofficial mascot of the Georgia State orchestra-seriously, MANY late nights after a performance riding in the back of a pickup truck holding on to a multi-thousand dollar marimba to get it safely back to the College of Music.

I later became a strong supporter of local small-time musicians, attending performances at least once a week.  And finally, music has always been my form of expression, using songs to verbalize what I could not.


Reading.  Yes, these are the comics.  I was a year old.  They were clearly intriguing.  And I was undoubtedly simply enjoying all the bright colors (but it looks convincing, doesn’t it?) 

I’ve always been obsessed with books and reading.  Right now I’m on a classic horror and sci-fi kick!  Ray Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke, H.P. Lovecraft, E. A. Poe (who wrote so many better stories than what most read)…


Who HASN’T seen me sitting like this when I’m bored, tired, or just done with a situation?  That is clearly my “get me out of here” pose!

I have more, but now, let us move on to more recent pics.  I think today’s selection will come from an autumn lunchtime campus stroll that a few of us took last year.  I never had the chance to share any of the pictures.




Much more to come on future Thursdays and the coming weeks-Atlanta fun, the Delta museum, Savannah, and Sapelo Island!

Happy and safe 4th of July to everyone!  I’ll send you off with this fabulous blast from the past…the braces, the uh-maze-ing tropical shirt, and the cake that looks like it was decorated by a 10-year-old.  Oh, wait…
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers!

Sapelo Island, Part I

Corvus Plays With Pinecones