Throwback Thursday: Celebrating B

Before I get started with today’s real entry, I must say that Sapelo Island is amazing!  Well, aside from almost getting chased down by a huge wild bull this evening.  More on that, along with pictures, later.  This is certainly not the destination for those looking for luxury, but it is perfect for an outdoorsy person like myself.

So today is my oldest dog, Barghest’s, 7th birthday!  Since it’s his day and also since Corvus is the little ham that usually gets all the attention, this entry will be dedicated to him and his life with us.

His first day home with us!  He flew in from Montana and I had to go pick him up at Delta Air Cargo-you can see he was totally unphased by the whole experience!


 As a slightly older puppy:



 This dog had the amazing ability to destroy just about anything and he soon became know to us as “Barghest the Destroyer”.  Not to mention the fact that he eventually learned how to get out of his wire crate without unlocking it…


But he eventually settled down and even graduated from obedience school!

He joined us on our honeymoon:
 And moved with us to Pennsylvania where his favorite game was chasing rocks in Spring Creek!
 He always travels with us (my dogs may be more well-traveled than some people!) and joined us on later trips to Savannah.  Not entirely why he felt the need to sleep in the fireplace.  Consequence of being raised in the south, maybe?


 I originally got him to be my first working dog.  We trained for a couple years until health problems made it necessary for him to retire.  It is extremely sad because his desire to work is so strong…even now despite the fact that he is unsteady and in constant pain.  I took him as far as he could go and I obtained a title with him that didn’t require that he climb walls, jump obstacles, and fight off “bad” guys.


 

Such attention to me…even as we sat through a several-minute critique of our performance.  I got so many compliments on his drive to work!



Being all tough and protecting me from the “bad guy” during our early training sessions.

Despite his look, he is the sweetest and goofiest dog you would ever want.  Maybe a little pushy when it’s time to play, however!




He’s getting a little gray…




















And he gets tired and sleeps a little more with each passing month…


But he’s still our B-Boy!


Yeah, he is.  Happy Birthday, Old Man!

Back to embarrassing pictures of me next week.  In the meantime, I’ll be working on my Sapelo and Savannah pics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers!

Sapelo Island, Part I

Corvus Plays With Pinecones